Millions of users are marketing homemade crafts on Facebook and it may appear easy. But thousands of businesses are vying for consumer attention so you will need a strategic Facebook marketing strategy or your homemade crafts business can go unnoticed. If you are marketing to potential consumers of homemade crafts, you need to grab their attention quickly, with high-resolution images and engaging videos of your craft products and your business. You need to inspire them to return to your page on a daily basis and click through your website to buy.
1. Launch a standalone, e-commerce website or an E-store on the website of a retailer that specializes in homemade crafts. You can use Easy or Artfire. Facebook provides a range of tools that helps you market products. New customers will be able to browse your homemade craft image gallery and make comments and share images of your products but they can’t buy anything without clicking through to an e-commerce website.
2. Open a Facebook account and set up a personal profile. Opening an account on the social network platform only requires an email address, username and password. He will need to set up a personal profile to access Facebook’s Page features, advertising and marketing tools. Launch a Facebook page, also known as a fan page. Follow steps in your profile’s drop-down menu to set up the page. It allows you to name it, add a logo, and add business location and contact information.
3. Upload as many images of your homemade crafts as possible in your pages Photo Album. This makes your page look like it is a hive of activity and encourages users to stick around. In the pages Status field, post images of new crops, videos of craft demonstrations or happenings at your business location. Update things such as upcoming craft shows, sales and coupon codes to entice your fans to click through to your homemade craft e-commerce site.
4. Build your Facebook Pages following a potential homemade craft customers by sharing it with your friends and asking for “Likes”. If you don’t have a large following you can pay Facebook for targeted marketing. Facebook allows you to set up affordable advertising budgets all within your means.
5. Keep your Facebook pages fans engaged by communing with them regularly. Regular communication engages Facebook users. Ask your fans about their favorite crafts, and the products they enjoy buying or making, and offer tips. Offer a daily craft special, to encourage fans to visit your page and your e-commerce site every day.